Singapore & India
Anupam Bhattacharya recently served as Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Asia Pacific for a leading Fortune 100 multinational corporation. He is headquartered in Singapore with the principal purpose of assisting CFOs and Controllers in the Asia Pacific region on improving performance, enhancing internal controls and mitigating credit risk within their companies.
Having spent twenty-three years with various U.S. multinational corporations across industrial, retail and technology sectors in a variety of Finance leadership roles across Middle East, India, U.S.A and Singapore, Anupam’s key strengths are focussed on being a key business partner and a growth enabler for companies in Asia while ensuring that governance and controls are not undermined. He has also built Finance teams from scratch in Indonesia, Philippines, India, Australia and Pakistan and has played a key role in developing, mentoring and coaching Finance talent.
Key leadership positions held by Anupam during his career include:
- Regional Internal Audit Manager, Asia Pacific, United Technologies Corporation
- Regional Financial Controller, Asia Pacific, Carrier Corporation
- Chief Financial Officer, India and South Asia, Carrier Corporation
- Chief Financial Officer & Director, Supply Chain, India Region, Yum Restaurants International
- Chief Financial Officer, India & S. Asia, Monsanto Co
- Chief Financial Officer, Asia Pacific, Monsanto Co
- Director, Licensing Business, Asia Pacific, Monsanto Co
Anupam holds a Chartered Accountancy (ACA) certification from India, MBA from Babson College, U.S.A and is a member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants. He is well versed in tax, governance and regulatory regimes across ASEAN, India and Australia and is a key contributor and speaker in Regional CFO Forums. Having served as CFO and a Board Director in two listed companies in India, he brings a lot of experience in dealing with Board members, investors and regulatory agencies and on advising companies on matters relating to Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). Additionally, he has played a key role in forming joint ventures of US companies and family run Asian businesses and has been an effective mediator on contentious issues