A1 - #SustainableRoadMap
by Eden Strategy Institute
- Gain a deep understanding of your organisation’s sustainability footprint and untapped potential.
- Apply a comprehensive, customised approach that your organisation can take to bolster resilience and fuel sustainable innovation.
What is the #SustainableRoadMap programme?
Our #SustainableRoadMap programme, offered in partnership with Eden Strategy Institute (Eden), is your gateway to transforming your business into an environmentally-conscious and economically-thriving entity.
What are the objectives?
The #SustainableRoadMap programme empowers leaders with the understanding and skills to steer their businesses towards a sustainable, resilient future. LLM work with Eden to enable leaders to transform their companies into environmentally-conscious and socially-responsible entities that enjoy robust financial growth and contribute positively to the planet and society.
Our proven methodology for sustainable success
Working with the Eden Strategy Institute and through a mix of bespoke activities that may include keynotes and panels, interactive workshops, simulations, research, and analysis, we help navigate leaders through a three-pronged process:
View more services
A Strategic Roadmap for Corporate Sustainability
The Global Compact Network Singapore (GCNS) is the Singapore chapter of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), the lead UN agency on corporate sustainability. Given the rapid recent growth in the sustainability sector, and as part of GCNS’ efforts to grow and scale impact for its business community, GCNS approached Eden to perform a review to chart its three-year strategic roadmap.
- Performed literature review to map the corporate sustainability landscape in which GCNS operates. In the process, we identified emerging sustainability trends, competing service lines, and gaps in the corporate sustainability offerings available in the market.
- Conducted focus group discussions and surveys, engaging with GCNS’ target segments to map their needs and identify current and future areas where GCNS could add value to each constituent. We further evaluated GCNS’ existing strategy, partnerships, and aspirations, and, through a series of internal stakeholder interviews, helped identify GCNS’ strengths and highlighted key capabilities it can build to help achieve its ambitions.
- Presented key insights to the GCNS staff and management committee and facilitated the strategy co-creation workshops at the board and management levels. Through these workshops, we determined the risk appetite, ambition level, and scope of the organisation, and re-calibrated the vision and mission statement based on market analysis and ambition.
- Developed a three-year strategy roadmap closely with GCNS, including recommending a different operating model and organisational design, identifying new capabilities and skills, and developing detailed implementation workplans, pro forma financials, and impact metrics.
The 3-year roadmap, approved by GCNS’ Management Committee, helped clarify its identity, scope of impact, and competitive positioning in a rapidly-evolving corporate sustainability landscape. It offered recommendations for new partnership models that GCNS could adopt to offer services that best meet the needs of GCNS’ key stakeholders. The extensive ecosystem scan further helped rationalise its priorities to drive both its economic viability and societal impact.
We engaged Eden to help create a 3-year roadmap, including evaluating our existing strategy and partnerships, as well as identifying potential alliances and new operating models to help GCNS grow and scale impact. In addition, we were given useful frameworks to move from output-based success metrics to impact-focused measures. The Eden team was very professional and enjoyable to work with, and they showed great commitment to the strategy development process and went above and beyond in many respects. As GCNS puts the plan into action, we look forward to staying in touch with Eden.
Ms. Esther Chang, Executive Director
Global Compact Network Singapore
About Eden Strategy Institute
Eden helps leading global corporations, governments, and non-profit organisations profitably achieve sustained impact by aligning their growth platforms, operations, products, and services with market forces and developmental opportunities.
About the consultant
Calvin Chu Yee Ming, the Managing Partner of Eden Strategy InstituteCalvin Chu Yee Ming is a recognised leader in strategic consulting, innovation, and market entry. Under his guidance, Eden Strategy Institute has received numerous accolades, including the Most Innovative Management Consultancy by APAC Insider and Corporate Livewire. Calvin’s expertise spans competitive strategy, product launch, partnerships, and scenario planning, with his advice sought by over a hundred Fortune 500 clients across 20+ countries, including Bell Labs, General Electric, and UNDP.
He is a respected voice in business publications like the Harvard Business Review and Wall Street Journal. Calvin has also served on various boards, including Bettr Lives and the World Toilet Organisation, and before Eden, he held senior roles at the Singapore Exchange and a global consulting firm. He is currently Course Director for Eden-SUTD Academy Modular Master in Sustainability Programme and also teaches Sustainable Innovation at Temasek Polytechnic. He has an MBA from the University of Chicago and a degree in Psychology and Political Science from the National University of Singapore.